KeyDuino forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Un échange d'information autour de la carte KeyDuino

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vehicle Locking/Start

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tawa

Vehicle Locking/Start Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyMon 9 Nov - 9:29

Hi, I found this forum through the NFC ring forums. I backed an NFC ring as I wish to go keyless on my vehicles.

However the format of having the antenna on the circuit boards seems like it could restrict range when used with smaller passive devices like the ring. Is there a possibility of having a 'nano' style mainboard with a very thin antenna patch ribbon to be more flexible in placement?
Back to top Go down
MrStein
KeyDuino TEAM
MrStein

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyTue 10 Nov - 8:38

Hi tawa! your the first active user of this forum, thanks! :p

The crowdfunding for keyduino will be launched in one week, and we will made some stretch goals for externals antennas.
The smaller one allow you to read smaller tag like NFC ring.
The bigger one is for increase the reading range by 2-3.

Vehicle Locking/Start Extern13

Is it something like you need?
Back to top Go down
https://keyduino.forumsactifs.com
tawa

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptySun 13 Mar - 6:47

Thanks for that, I've been rather busy, and while I put a 1$ backing on the project, I was waiting to see if the big antenna was unlocked then forgot to up my pledge before it ended...

Anyway, is there any chance I can get one with a big antenna? And is there any chance there will be an external antenna only version, based on something like the arduino nano?
Back to top Go down
MrStein
KeyDuino TEAM
MrStein

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyMon 14 Mar - 12:38

Hi Tawa, for now we will soon sell the normal keyduino on the elecrow website (http://www.elecrow.com/) and re produce 100boards, 100small & 100 big antenna.

We currently work on the nano version but it won't be available before at least 5months.

Keep you on touch for that.
Back to top Go down
tawa

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyWed 8 Jun - 22:43

Hi MrStein,

I notice the boards are now for sale on the Elecrow website, but it does not specify the antenna size; can you confirm if these are the large, or small size? Have you done any testing on read range with the NFC ring on these external antennas?
Back to top Go down
MrStein
KeyDuino TEAM
MrStein

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyThu 9 Jun - 7:23

Hi Tawa, for now we only sale the small one but the big one will be available with the new production (currently launched).

For the reading distance:
Big antenna :
-cannot read the old NFC ring (or at fews mm)
-can read the ring at ~1/1.5cm (depend of your tag size).
- improve by 2/3 the reading range of the big tags

Small one:
- the same than the internal antenna of the KeyDuino.
- can read the old NFC ring at at least 5mm
- can read the new nfc ring at ~1cm

Bye,
Pierre

Back to top Go down
tawa

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyThu 9 Jun - 7:37

Thanks for that, I have just ordered one now.

On a side note, how have you found elecrow as an after-kickstarter sales platform? I have a few hardware ideas myself, and that sort of distributor looks like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
MrStein
KeyDuino TEAM
MrStein

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start EmptyThu 9 Jun - 8:45

Thank you for the order Smile

ELECROW help me to build my prototypes and they make the production of ~500 boards for kickstarter.
I madde a lot of quotation from few hardware facilitaor (NOA lab, Seedstudio, makerstudio, ABS,...) and it seem to be the best option for the price / quality.

If you want, just send them a BOM and the gerber of your project an they will make you an estimation for the assembly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Locking/Start   Vehicle Locking/Start Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Locking/Start
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KeyDuino forum :: KeyDuino projects & tutorial :: Projects :: Idea / proposition of project-
Jump to: